Duty free means that passengers travelling outside of Canada are exempt from the payment of certain local or national taxes and duties on goods purchased at tax and duty free stores because they are taking the products out of the country as part of their travel. That means in our stores, the price you see is the price you pay. There are no additional taxes added at the point of sale like in local stores.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There is no restriction on the amount customers can purchase in our duty free stores, however the restrictions on the type and amount of goods you can take with you is dictated by your destination country. For more guidelines, please visit our Customs Allowances page
There are many great reasons to do all your personal and gift shopping at World Duty Free at YVR, here are just a few:
- Great savings with items at up to 20% less than street retail prices
- A unique and exclusive selection of over 10,000 products that include fragrances, cosmetics, fashion, accessories, many specialized whiskies, and the highest quality global and local brands
- No liquid or luggage weight restrictions to worry about as you will have already cleared security before shopping at our stores
- Our 60 day refund guarantee allows you to conveniently return items from anywhere around the world
- Our main store is open 24/7, 365 days per year
- Outstanding customer service from our warm, knowledgeable, multilingual staff
No, not at present. This website is designed to give you information about the wide range of luxury goods and brand names available for purchase at World Duty Free in Vancouver. We would like you to experience the amazing atmosphere at our stores where our customer-focused approach will make for an ultimate airport shopping experience. We are always looking for ways to improve our services because customers are our number one priority, so please email us with any comments at email@example.com.
World Duty Free has two US Terminal duty free stores ensuring you can still find that perfect Canadian souvenir and all your favourite beauty, liquor, confectionary, tobacco, and travel accessories needs. Click here for a map of our stores.
Please contact our Customer Support Team at +1.877.253.3272 Monday to Friday between 9:00am to 5:00pm PST (excluding Canadian holidays). We can also check item availability at any of our World Duty Free shops and call you back with the information. Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer satisfaction is our highest priority and with our Worldwide Money Guarantee, you can return items purchased at any of our stores within 60 days of purchase and receive a replacement or a full refund. Please refer to our Customer Service page for more details, terms and conditions.
Yes. Our highly trained Beauty Advisors offer free beauty makeovers and hand massages to keep you looking and feeling your best. You do not need to book in advance, however please visit our Beauty Shop as soon as you arrive to ensure your makeover is timed accordingly before you fly.
Yes. World Duty Free offers a wide selection of premium sun care products 365 days a year.
We sell a wide range of fashion and accessories including designer clothes, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods and handbags. Expect to see premium luxury brands like Hermès, Hugo Boss, Bvlgari, Swarovski, Cartier, and Montblanc, to name a few, and all at better than regular retail prices.
Though we offer a generous return policy, earrings are exempt from our refund guarantee due to hygiene concerns. We are, therefore, unable to be refund, replace or exchange earrings unless they are faulty.
These terms represent different concentrations of perfume essence in the product; the greater the concentration, the longer the scent lasts. Here is a brief guideline:
- Parfum contains 15-30% of perfume essence and is the strongest fragrance available. Parfum will last 5 to 6 hours.
- Eau de parfum (EDP) is lighter than perfume with an 8-15% concentration of perfume essence which lasts 3 to 4 hours.
- Eau de toilette (EDT) is a more delicate fragrance with 4-8% of perfume concentrate and lasts 2 to 3 hours.
- Eau de cologne (EDC) is traditionally a male fragrance which contains 3-5% of perfume concentrate and lasts 1 to 2 hours.
There is no restriction on the amount of alcohol customers can purchase in World Duty Free stores, however a passengers’ liquor allowance is dictated by their destination country. For more information, please visit our Customs Allowances page.
World Duty Free sells fine local and international liquor in the following sizes: 1 litre (100 cl) for spirits and 75 cl for wine and champagne. Prices reflect the size of the bottles available. We stock the finest brands such as Remy Martin, Hennessy, Camus, Ballantine’s and Chivas Regal – all available at our affordable, airport-exclusive prices!